In absence of CD with wireless connection
Learn how to set up a successful wired connection without CD on Windows.
- With the help of printer’s USB cable, maintain an appropriate connection between Windows computer and Canon printer.
- Press Devices & Printers option from the start button. A new window will pop-up with all printers’ options. Right click on the printer icon and choose “ Properties”.
- Look for your Canon printer’s name, model number and press OK once you find yours, afterwards minimize your screen.
- Press start menu, right click on “Computer” option and click Manage from the options listed.
- Press Device Manager from the leftmost corner of the screen, Press “Other Devices” from the list available.
- On Device Manager window which will appear, right click on your model number and hit tab “Update Driver Software”.
- Press “Browse my computer for driver software”, from the windows appearing on your computer screen.
- Press “Let me pick from the Canon drivers on my computer.” Afterwards press Next, after choosing the Printer option.
- On a new window, choose your printer from the list of drivers and press Next.
- Do follow the steps received on your screen and press Next option.
- Finally, select Finish when you see a message which says that your printer has been added successfully.
- Restart your computer after printing a test page.
- Once your system is restarted successfully, visit “Device & Printers” from the Start menu and choose “Printer Properties”.
- Press on “Print Test Page”.
- Congratulation! Setup of your printer is finished, and it is ready to use.
- These steps will help you to easily install Canon printer without CD using a wired Connection on Windows operating system.
Wireless connection without CD on Windows
Mentioned below are the steps for establishing a wireless Canon Printer installation without cd on Windows.
- A physical WPS push button on access point is a must.
- The user’s network must be using the WiFi protected access or WPA2 security protocol.
Make sure that printer is turned ON, Press and hold the Wi-Fi switch on printer till the time alarm flashes for once.
Make sure that the lamp next to button flashes blue. Afterwards, move to printer’s access point and hold the WPS button within 2 minutes.
A stable light will reflect once an established connection is setup in between printer and wireless network, both the power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing.
Now you can go ahead for printing a test page as your Canon printer is connected via wireless connection.
Install Canon Printer Without CD Using a USB Cable on Mac Computer:
These following steps will completely instruct you to install Canon printer without CD on Mac.
- With the help of a USB cable, join Mac system with your Canon printer.
- Switch on your printer.
- Press “System Preferences” from the Apple menu.
- Click Printers & Scanners Tab.
To add your printer, press (+) button. Once you see Canon printer model on the screen. Choose it and press ‘OK’. Your printer will be ready to use once setup is finished.
Wireless connection without cd on Mac
Learn how to install the Canon printer without CD on Mac.
- Visit Canon printer driver download website and type in your printer model number on the screen. Press Drivers & Downloads and choose continue.
- Type in your name and password to enable the helper tool to be installed. Press “Install”.
- Click Next on the screen.
- The upcoming screen will ask to choose for type of connection between USB or wireless connection. Choose “Wireless Connection”
- Make sure that power lamp is turned on and press “Next” button.
- Press “Connect to the Network” on next screen.
- As you see “Connection via Cableless” screen, hold down the printer’s wifi button, till oranges lamp flashes twice. Afterwards release the second flash.
- Once blue wifi lamp will flash quickly and then green power lamp will glow. Press “Next”.
- On upcoming screen in front of you, Choose your present region and press “Next”.
- Then on next screen enter your place of residence and click “Next”.
- Press Yes/Agree to end the user license agreement on following screen.
- Press Add a Printer on next screen.
- Choose your Canon printer model driver version and press Add.
- Now click on Next to end up with the setup procedure.