If you see your printer status is offline and your printer is not printing on either your Windows or Mac computer.
Follow below mentioned steps as explained below. Do remember to use printer after every step to confirm is problem is solved.
Confirm if your HP printer is ready to print.
1.Just check is your HP printer is on, have sufficient paper in paper input, have sufficient toner/ink, displaying no errors or blinking lights.
2.Just confirm once that paper loaded in the tray adjusts properly according to paper width which rest firmly against the sides of paper stack.
3.Remember to check if suitable ink/toner/ cartridges are installed and printer is having enough amount to ink to perform printing task.
4.Also check carefully for any error messages or any blinking lights being displayed on the printer control panel. Clear and solve all these issues before using printer.
5.Turn off and turn on printer once to remove any error states. Make sure to wait for 30 seconds before you turn printer on again.
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor
Use HP Print and Scan Doctor on your Windows system to help detecting and solving scanning & printing problems.
1.Just check that papers are available in the tray and then switch on printer.
2.Download HP Print and Scan Doctor, follow instructions to install and open the same once it is done.
3.On receiving welcome screen, press START to choose your printer and run the diagnostic.
4.In case you are unable to find printer, press My product is not listed, and follow the steps to troubleshoot the connection.
Set the default printer
Configure your printer as default on Windows 10 system to ensure print and scan work is done by correct printer.
1.In Windows, look for search and open Printers & Scanners.
2.Just confirm the box next to Let Windows manage if my default printer option is checked.
3.Click your printer’s name and press Manage from the list of printers available. If you find multiple names of printer which matches to your printer, choose the printer in idle or online state.
4. Under Manage your device, press Set as default.
Check Windows Function Discovery services
In case your printer is using a WSD port, ensure Function Discovery service begins automatically and is presently working & running.
1.In Windows, look for Control Panel, open the same, and press View devices and printers.
2.Right-click your printer, go for Printer Properties, and then press Ports tab.
3.Check for WSD port in the list:
- If you do not find any WSD port, do not follow these steps. Go and Print a Network Configuration Page, and afterwards establish a manual IP connection in the printer EWS and add a Standard TCP/IP printer port in Windows.
In you find a WSD port, ensure that check box in ticked mark, and then follow steps explained below.
4. Search for Services and Open the same in Windows.
5. Search Function Discovery Provider Host and Function Discovery Resource Publication in the list appeared.
6. Just ensue once that status for both mentioned services should be Running and Startup Type is Automatic.
- In case either of them or both is having a Manual Startup Type or if it is not running, you need to right click the same, select Properties, change the Startup Type to Automatic, Hit Apply, Press Start, and then hit OK.
- Now you can close the Service Window.
Troubleshoot the printer USB connection
Check carefully if your USB cable is damaged or length is short; if required do change the same, and switch on your printer and system.
- Switch off your printer and system.
- Remove the USB cable from your system and carefully monitor the cable.
- In case cable is longer than 3 m ( 9 ft 10 in), or damaged, immediately replace the cable.
- In case cable is not damaged and shorter than 3 m (9 ft 10 in), try and change the USB cable to a different USB port in your system. The port must be USB 2.0 or bigger. In case you are using a USB hub or docking station, connect the cable directly to your system.
- Join the cable to your printer, and just check once that cable should be completely secured to both ports.
- Switch on the computer and wait for system to finish startup.
- Simply wait for the system to install the new device ( Windows).